Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Preparing the bird cage

My dear friend Little Bird is moving in with Ernie and me when she gets back from Mexico! Luckily for her, when her landlord tried to jack her rent up for the last two months she's in town, she was able to tell him where to stick it, because we have an extra room. And so begins "The Adventures of Ernie, Celeste and Little Bird: three hot friends and they are smokin!" (please see the beerfest post if you don't get the slogan) So anyway, Ern and I put the futon together and organized some stuff. Its a big job because we have a LOT of stuff in the den and garage, but we have a couple of weeks so it should be just lovely when Bird moves in.

Oh, and I found my box of scarves while digging through the garage, which is good because its starting to get cold out at night! brrrrr

14 comments:

LindzyPinzy said...

goood luck gettin everything ready:)

Wendy said...

this will be a funtime in your lives. All of you together. Here is a hint, having roomed with girls...everyone use their own razor! ;)

The Grunt said...

I am excited for you guys. Really! Three is the perfect number of roomies. So, is Little Bird the kid or the mother in law?

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Looks like you have your work cut out for you. Nothing like putting another person in the mix to force stuff out of boxes.

Scott said...

You gots lots of stuff in there. Have fun getting it all together.

Scott

Anonymous said...

That's a great thing about cleaning up the house, you get to find cool things you've misplaced. Sounds like it will be a fun group. It should make for more interesting blogging stories I'm sure.

Me Myself and I said...

Lindz...thanks!

Wendy...oh my, why WOULDN'T you use your own?!

Grunt...haha. I guess by height she defaults to "the kid".

AML...so true. its the kick in the ass we needed.

Scott...amazing how much stuff we acquire in our lives!

Phil...oh yes, I'm sure I'll have lots to write about :)

Neal said...

It should be quite a cozy setup.

Anonymous said...

It looks cozy. Living with friends is a treat.

Anonymous said...

Moving house is one of those unique times you experience everything you posses expand magically by 4 times. :]

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Box of scarves.....isn't that a Soundgarden song?

Me Myself and I said...

Neal...like three bugs in a rug.

Guggs...are you being sarcastic? ;)

Dogga...no kidding hey!

Jerk...what? no "i love little bird" comments? are you feeling OK? ;)

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Don't you need special permits to have that much hotness in one area?

Me Myself and I said...

Jerk...haha! now you're talking!