Friday, July 21, 2006

I'm melting, I'm melting

To say I'm tired is an understatement. Today we started sales for one of my projects.
This means:

a) I didn't get much sleep last night due to excitement and nerves

b) I worked for 11 hours in an non-air-conditioned sales center in the BAKING HOT SUN

BUT, it was soooo worth it because I sold suites! Even watching droves of people walking past with their floating devices on their way to the refreshing lake was not enough to dampen my spirits. Why? Because I sold suites! I cannot emphasize this enough: when you are a sales person, and you've been waiting, and waiting, and WAITING, for your presentation center to finally open, it is the most exciting thing ever to finally meet your clients.

Now I'm home and I've showered all of the construction grime and dust off, sitting here drinking a slurpy trying to cool off, and I barely have enough energy to type this. But since it was such a wicked sucessful day, I just wanted to share it.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you at least have some tan lines as proof of this 11 hours?

Love the comment thing now! Clever!

NiolK said...

Well done. But I believe you made a type-o. You did mean that you sold sweets yes? You sell fizzy cola bottles and other confectionry true? Anyone can sell a suite it takes balls and panache to sell sweets.

Me Myself and I said...

running rabbit...unfortunately no, as I was inside all day. and thanks!

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Hoooooray for sales!