Thursday, June 15, 2006

Free advice is the best advice

Today I was at the gym plugging away at my workout, listening to my tunes, and I guess the tempo of my music was too upbeat because apparently I was doing my lat pull ups way too fast. I know this because one of the trainers came over and asked if he could give me a tip. Well, that one little tip turned into a whole half-hour consultation! I've always wanted a personal training session, but never could bring myself to fork out the $$$, and today this guy pretty much designed a whole new workout for me which he guarantees will give me the results I've been craving. Lucky for me he gets bored just hanging around watching people work out and was happy to dish out some free advice.

This week has been hectic and wonderful. I finally got my license on Tuesday afternoon after chomping at the bit for two weeks, waiting impatiently so I could start actually working! So over the last few days I have made about 120 calls, attended a sales meeting and a project meeting, and I actually have my very own prospects in the database. One of the coolest things is hearing over the loud speakers in the office "Celeste, call holding pound 2333, Celeste, pound 2333" when one of my prospects returns my call. ha! I love it!

Tomorrow I'm hitting the phones again early and then I have the weekend off. Sweet. Weekends off in this industry are few and far between, therefore since we don't have a presentation center yet I'm going to enjoy them while I can. Sunday I'm heading up to Parksville for a family brunch which I'm really looking forward to since I don't get to see my granparents very often.

Oh, and I set up a network at home. So I'm posting this entry from the comfort of my couch, I'm really starting to love this laptop more than I had expected.

4 comments:

LindzyPinzy said...

now your gonna get mad pipes!

Me Myself and I said...

Are you saying I don't already??? ;)

Anonymous said...

"the beach is that waaaaay..."

Me Myself and I said...

Ernie! You put the emphaaasis on the wrong sylaaable. It's "the beach is thaaat way".